It’s work experience week for Lucy Gardner and her classmates, but Lucy isn’t happy – she has to work in an old bookshop that nobody ever goes into. And worse, the owner of the shop is a very grumpy lady. But when Lucy finds an old diary in the shop one day, things start to get interesting. Many years ago, the person who wrote the diary hid something very valuable. But what was it, and where is it hidden? It’s a mystery – a mystery Lucy is determined to solve.
Nuance Readers is a six level award-winning collection of exciting fiction readers for students of English. These highly engaging original stories will entertain students whilst improving their English and extended reading skills. Each reader is carefully graded according to grammatical structures, vocabulary and length and comes with accompanying audio.
- audio of the complete story alongside specially chosen extracts for comprehension exercises
- meaningful exercises that emphasise vocabulary and comprehension
- careful vocabulary and grammar grading
- useful glossaries
- written in a fresh and lively style
- wide range of genres from mystery and thrillers to fantasy and science fiction
- illustrated in full colour